For ages FreeFileSync users have been asking for email notifications which inform them of the status of the backup based on logs stored in a specific directory. Well wait no longer, simply download LoggyMail from here and enjoy sending email notifications each time FreeFileSync creates a log file.
LoggyMail works as follows:
– It is dependent on the logs produced by FreeFileSync, so you will need to enable logs for batch file jobs in FreeFileSync
– It is dependent on the .NET 4.0 Framework
– The name of the FreeFileSync batch file needs to contain the text LoggyMail, which in turn produces log files containing the name LoggyMail. e.g dataBackupLoggyMail.ffs_batch
– It finds the latest log file in the specific log directory
– It sends the log file text in the body of the email, exactly as it appears in the log itself
– LoggyMail is dependent on command line switches and is used as follows:
LoggyMail.exe “root directory for logs” “smtp server address” “To address (separated by comma if many)” “From address” “email subject”
Example for multiple recipients of FreeFileSync Log
LoggyMail.exe “C:UsersTonyDesktoplogs” “smtp.server.com” “email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org” “email@example.com” “Backup Email Subject”
Example for one recipient of FreeFileSync Log
LoggyMail.exe “C:UsersTonyDesktoplogs” “smtp.server.com” “firstname.lastname@example.org” “email@example.com” “Backup Email Subject”
Hope this has helped you! Greetings from South Africa!
Please donate a little something to show your support ?