From time to time this message be received due to the pfsense.vbox file being removed or something similar – basically you wont be able to able to start your virtual machine:
D:\tinderbox\win-4.2\src\VBox\Main\src-server\MachineImpl.cpp (long __cdecl Machine::registeredInit(void)).
Well its quite a simple solution, just follow these steps:
- Go to YOUR-USERNAME -> VirtualBoxVMs
- Copy the file pfSense-disk1.vmdk to s afe location, as this is the file containing all of your precious data
- Create a new virtual machine by double clicking on the .ova file with which you installed the pfsense virtual machine (applies to any virtual machine config file)
- Right click -> Settings -> Storage -> Click on the + sign (Add Attachment) -> Add Hard Disk -> Choose Existing Disk -> Navigate to the VMDK file you copied above
- And thats it, your previous pfsense settings should now all be fine and the machine should boot
**Just one thing to note – please rename your virtual machine to pfsense2 or something other than the name of the original machine – this can be done in the settings as well.
[box type=”bio”] [paypal-donation][/box]